FOUNDER & DIRECTOR
Basel Al Najjar
BSc Eng, PMP,
Thank you for your interest in e-basel.com
Project Manager | Claim Advisor | Adjudicator | Expert | Arbitrator.
Basel serves as the Director of e-basel Engineering Consultant, Arbitration and Law. He has 19+ years of extensive experience in dealing with engineering consultancy, and construction projects in Dubai UAE and GCC countries, alongside advising and writing on Arbitration, construction management and construction law with special expertise in FIDIC.
Basel’s passion is to see a project through from early design to construction completion with an emphasis on project delivery, quality control and a strong focus on implementation of good design in construction.
Basel, has deep knowledge and experience in resolving Engineering Disputes, International Arbitration, and litigation support for construction claim.
Basel, has a highest level of engineering and construction experience to systematically deal with contractual, delay and/ or disruption problems that crop up at any stage of the development and construction process.
Basel can investigate. Test, analyze, and provide opinions on various building system, which include residential building, offices, and commercial buildings.
Basel can develop opinions, give recommendations, and share ideas about urban planning, utilities distribution, and infrastructure.
Fields of Experience
1- Engineering Experience :
More than 19 years of experience in Engineering and arbitration, covering almost all the fields of Engineering. Worked on individual buildings , and on large redevelopment schemes. And I worked in both Design and Supervision field.
Area of Experience:
- Manage the consultation process required under the FIDIC Contract and actively take part in this process on the major claims.
- Manage and assist specialist consultants and legal advisors in the preparation of submissions for the Dispute Adjudication Board.
- Successfully mediated many cases.
- Determining of a dispute or the settling of differences between parties.
2- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Claim for additional construction cost.
- Claim for damages.
- Multi-party proceedings. :assisted contractor clients engaged in multi-party litigation to reach a settlement by mediation. This averted the prospect of years of litigation, with associated unrecoverable cost and drain on management time.
- During construction. :advised employer clients engaged in a construction contract who were in dispute with their contractor. Engaging in mediation with the
- Expert Determination.
- advised contractor clients subject to an Expert Determination in a Authority jurisdiction.
Completed and Passed Courses in Arbitration : 2012
1)- Definition of Arbitration – Foundation.
2)- The Second Training Course in Arbitration – The Moderation.
3)- Arbitration Procedure, and UAE Arbitration Code.
4)- Engineering Arbitration , Fidic Procedure.
5) – Construction Law – Canada.
6) – Construction Contract Preparation and Management – Canada.
Accredited by Society of Engineers –UAE:
1)- Construction Claims and Disputes Resolution.
2)- Construction Contract Management.
3)- Course in Introduction to FIDIC.
4)- The New FIDIC Red Book Contracts 99.
5)- Engineering Arbitration.
6)- Course in Introduction to FIDIC.by Arab Institute & RAK arbitration center.
7)- Diploma in Islamic and commerce arbitration – Sharjah University.
Seminar Conducted :
- Construction Claims & Disputes Management.
- Introduction to Green Buildings Specifications in Dubai.
- Arbitration Procedures & Management.
Experience in Arbitration
Experience in ADR & Arbitration:
1- Expert Report ( in Arabic & English ).
2- Field Inspection Report.
3- ADR and construction claims.
4- Arbitration, Commercial, real estate and civil cases.
- Memberships and Accreditation:
- Member in Society of Engineers.
- Member in DIAC– Arbitrator.
- Member in Sharjah International Commercial Arbitration Centre – Tahkeem, and registered “ Expert “ and ” Arbitrator “.
- Member in Ajman Arbitration Centre , and registered “ Expert “ and ” Arbitrator “.
- Member in RAK Arbitration center.
- Registered “ Expert “ and ” Arbitrator ” in Ajman Court.